Resolution #1......make eating at home as easy as eating "fast food"
I'm starting the new year eating fresh and healthy, which really means food prep. This is a great salad that I can make on Monday and eat for lunch for a few days. If it's easy and on hand, I will be more opt to eat it rather than run through a "fast food" restaurant.
Here's the recipe:
- 2 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 large tomato, chopped small
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 green/red/or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shaved or shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups prepared couscous
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Season well salt and a bit of fresh cracked black pepper. Adjust seasonings to taste.
**** Sometimes I add any extra veggies that I have in the fridge. Tomatoes, carrots, zucchini...whatever you like.