Tuesday, May 31, 2011
My kids had so much fun this weekend playing outside with this sidewalk paint! It looks messy, but really easy to clean up!
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup water
6-8 drops of food coloring
Mix the cornstarch and cold water together.
Add food coloring and stir. Repeat to make different colors.
NOTE: This paint can be easily washed off with water and is great for painting large areas temporarily!!!
I found this recipe on-line, and thought it looked really good, and most of all easy. I tried it this weekend and I was right! It was so good and so easy!
1 loaf Italian bread
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 stick butter
8 oz. package cream cheese
2 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste
Generously butter 9x13 dish. Tear bread into chunks and place in the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle cheese over bread. Cut cream cheese and butter into small pats and place over the top of the cheese. Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl and pour over the top. Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight. The next morning, bake at 325 degrees, covered for 45 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking at 350 degrees for another 10-15 minutes.
I recently threw my daughter a Sweet Sixteen party, and decided to recycle these decoration for a Bridal Shower! It was so easy to switch the theme from "Sweet 16" to "Love is Sweet." My favorite were the tissue paper balls that I made for the centerpieces. They turned out really cute, and only cost $1 to make!
Monday, May 23, 2011
Sunday, May 22, 2011
- 1/2 lb butter (softened)
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 pint sour cream
- 3 cups all purpose flur
- 1 (3 ounce) box jello instant pudding
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2tbl lemon zest
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2 Spray a Bundt pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- 3 Cream together softened Butter and Sugar.
- 4 Add Eggs, one at a time and beat,then add Sour Cream.
- 5 Sift Flour and Soda together and add next along with the Instant Pudding.
- 6 Last add Vanilla, Lemon Extract, Juice and Zest, Mixing until batter is light and fluffy.
- 7 Pour into the sprayed Bundt pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 8 Warning! Some oven temperatures may vary so keep an eye on this one!
- 9 Serve with a Lemon Glaze or just sprinkle with Powdered Sugar.
- 10 Enjoy!
This is so easy to make, but nice enough for company!
- 2 tablespoons Ricotta Cheese
- 2 tablespoon basil pesto(store-bought or homemade)
- 4 boneless, chicken breast
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup italian dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine ricotta cheese, pesto and pepper in a small bowl with a fork.
- Cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of a chicken breast half, nearly through to the opposite side.
- Open up each breast and place one-fourth of the filling in the center. Close the breast over the filling, pressing the edges firmly together to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken breasts and filling.
- Lightly beat egg white with a fork in a medium bowl. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow glass dish. Hold each chicken breast half together and dip in the egg white, then dredge in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts; cook until browned on one side, about 2 minutes. Place the chicken, browned-side up, on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, about 20 minutes.
Friday, May 20, 2011
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
2 tablespoons dried oregano
1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
¼ teaspoon pepper and garlic powder
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about a pound)
2 egg whites, beaten
1 tablespoon butter, melted
In a shallow bowl, combine Parmesan cheese oregano, parsley, pepper and garlic powder. Brush chicken with egg whites, then coat with Parmesan mixture. Place in a 9-in. square baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
Drizzle with melted butter. Bake, uncovered, at 425 for 15 until 20 minutes or until juices run clear.
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
- 20 ice cream sandwiches (regular, strawberry or neopolitan)
- 1 12 oz. jar hot fudge sauce
- 1 8 oz. container frozen whipped topping (such as Cool Whip), thawed
- 1 jar caramel sauce (optional)
- Cut one ice cream sandwich in half. Place one whole ice cream sandwich and one half of an ice cream sandwich side by side across the short end of a 9 x 13 pan.
- Next to those ice cream sandwiches, arrange 8 more ice cream sandwiches lengthwise, to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Place hot fudge in a microwave-safe container. Heat on high for 30 seconds. Spread half of the sauce over the ice cream sandwiches.
- Top with half of the whipped topping.
- Repeat layers: ice cream sandwiches, hot fudge sauce and whipped topping. Scatter sprinkles over top.
- Freeze, uncovered 2 hours. Cover with foil and freeze another hour.
Monday, May 16, 2011
I'm always looking for a new way to cook chicken. I found this recipe in a book last week, and tried it for the first time! We loved it, and it was fairly simple to make.
1 cup crushed pineapple
1 tbsp. honey
juice of 1/2 lime
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 clove minced garlic
salt to taste
1/8-1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper (I omitted this)
1 tbsp. cilantro (I used dried instead of fresh, because that's all that I had)
2 large chicken breasts, cut in half or 4 smaller chicken breasts
In a medium sized bowl mix together pineapple and all other ingredients except the chicken until combined. Place chicken in the bowl to marinate and refrigerate until ready to use. I marinated for 1 hour, but if you have less time it would be just fine.
After marinating, place chicken and; marinade in a large skillet, sprayed with cooking spray. Cook over medium heat for approximately 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and marinade has reduced just slightly. Serve chicken topped with cooked marinade & garnish with cilantro.
1/3 cup butter
1 1/2 to 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 to 6 medium cloves garlic, crushed and minced
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
salt, to taste
In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat until butter stops foaming, about 30 to 45 seconds. Add the shrimp and garlic and sauté over medium heat, turning frequently until the shrimp just turn pink, about 4 to 5 minutes.
Add the parsley, lemon juice, and salt; stir well. Remove the pan from the heat and serve immediately, with rice or a salad.
Monday, May 9, 2011
The honey in this recipe is what makes it really good!
1 lb new potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp dry mustard
salt and pepper, to taste (I use Kosher salt)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a rimmed cookie sheet with PAM. Place potatoes in a single layer. Combine the butter, honey, dry mustard and salt and pepper. Drizzle over the potatoes and toss to coat. Bake for 35 - 45 minutes, until tender. Stir half-way through baking time
Thursday, May 5, 2011
- 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter melted (salted Real butter)
- 2 (14-ounce) cans condensed milk
- 1 cup key lime juice (about 15 limes)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime zest (optional)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
In a bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter with your hands. Press the mixture firmly into a 9-inch pieplate, and bake until brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before filling.
Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees.
In a separate bowl, combine the condensed milk, lime juice, and eggs. Whisk until well blended and place the filling in the cooled pie shell. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes and allow to chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
Once chilled, combine the sour cream and powdered sugar and spread over the top of the pie using a spatula. Sprinkle the lime zest as a garnish on top of the sour cream and serve chilled.
Monday, May 2, 2011
1 package Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
1 package shaved ham (have the deli counter slice it)
1 package sliced swiss cheese (Sometimes I use pepperjack)
1 stick butter (salted)
2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds
1 Tbs. garlic powder
Slice rolls in half and place 2 pieces of ham on each. Tear cheese slices into 4 squares and then place 2 squares on each sandwich. Close sandwich and place them in 9x13 pan. Melt cube of butter then add Worcestershire sauce and poppy seeds and stir. Spoon sauce over sandwiches. Bake covered at 350 for 20 min. Uncover and bake 5 more min.