Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Chicken Breast With Pineapple Glaze


I'm always looking for a new way to cook chicken. I found this recipe in a book last week, and tried it for the first time! We loved it, and it was fairly simple to make.


1 cup crushed pineapple
1 tbsp. honey
juice of 1/2 lime
1 tbsp. brown sugar
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 clove minced garlic
salt to taste
1/8-1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper (I omitted this)
1 tbsp. cilantro (I used dried instead of fresh, because that's all that I had)
2 large chicken breasts, cut in half or 4 smaller chicken breasts

Directions:
In a medium sized bowl mix together pineapple and all other ingredients except the chicken until combined. Place chicken in the bowl to marinate and refrigerate until ready to use. I marinated for 1 hour, but if you have less time it would be just fine.

After marinating, place chicken and; marinade in a large skillet, sprayed with cooking spray. Cook over medium heat for approximately 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through and marinade has reduced just slightly. Serve chicken topped with cooked marinade & garnish with cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment