Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Visiting Florida this weekend, really made me miss all the great seafood that I grew up eating. It's really hard to find really fresh seafood her in Texas, but I make do with what I can get! Here is one of my favorite ways to make shrimp, and can you believe how fast it is to make???

1/3 cup butter
1 1/2 to 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 to 6 medium cloves garlic, crushed and minced
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
salt, to taste

In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat until butter stops foaming, about 30 to 45 seconds. Add the shrimp and garlic and sauté over medium heat, turning frequently until the shrimp just turn pink, about 4 to 5 minutes.

Add the parsley, lemon juice, and salt; stir well. Remove the pan from the heat and serve immediately, with rice or a salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment