Monday, March 28, 2011
4 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons orange juice
2 tablespoons oil (I use olive oil)
4 tablespoons honey
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 pork tenderloins (1 1/2 to 2 pounds each)
Mix all ingredients except pork tenderloins in a bowl. Mix well. Put tenderloins in a Ziploc bag. Pour marinade over all. Marinate 3 hours, turning every 30 minutes or marinate overnight. Remove meat from the marinade. Put on a rack in a roasting pan. * Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Brush on all sides with the marinade. Turn meat over and bake 20 minutes more. Let stand at least 10 to 20 minutes before slicing.
I used the cooked juice/marinade for a sauce over the pork when serving.
These are the eggs we decorated last year! I took this pic with my old camera therefore it isn't so great, but these eggs really turned out cute. We dyed them orange then mod podged green tissue paper in strips at the top of the eggs to make them look like carrots.
Monday, March 21, 2011
This is so good, taste even better than the bourbon chicken at the mall!
Olive Oil Cooking Spray (or 1 tbsp. olive oil)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 teaspoon dried ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
1/4 cup apple juice
1 package fresh mushrooms (you can skip these if you family doesn't like them)
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 Tablespoons ketchup
1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
1/3 cup reduce sodium soy sauce
1 Tablespoon cornstarch/1 Tablespoon water (optional)
Spray a large skillet with olive oil cooking spray (or use the 1 tbsp. olive oil). Add chicken and cook over medium heat until lightly browned. Remove chicken from skillet.
Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium heat until well mixed and dissolved. Add chicken and bring to a hard boil. Add mushrooms.
If you prefer a thicker sauce, combine 1 tbsp. water and 1 tbsp. cornstarch in a separate bowl and add a little at a time to reach desired consistency.
Serve over hot rice, if desired
Sunday, March 20, 2011
This isn't the best picture (my flash wasn't working), but it is a delicious pit!
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest(I left this out and it was still good)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 unbaked 10-inch basic pie crust shell
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, flour, and lemon zest. Whisk in the eggs, 1at a time. Stir in the buttermilk and melted butter. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the pie shell and bake until the top is lightly browned and the center sets, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature. Slice the pie into individual servings.
1 (8 ounce) jars honey
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 medium onions, grated or finely chopped
12 ounces barbecue sauce
1/4 cup white sugar
Mix together sauce and coat all ribs. Spread ribs out evenly on bottom of a crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 6. These are so good!
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar
- 1 cup grated Monterey Jack
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 package dry ranch seasoning (I used the harvest dill this time)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons pimentos, smashed
- 1 teaspoon grated onion
- Cracked black pepper
Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy. Add all of the remaining ingredients and beat until well blended. It can be used as a dip for crudite or as a sandwich filling.
Saturday, March 19, 2011
1 3/4 c. plus 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 heaping c. chocolate chips
2/3 c. granulated sugar
1/2 c. shortening
2 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
3 large extra ripe banana
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare loaf pan.
2. In medium bowl, combine all flour but 2 Tbsp, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pudding mix. Whisk to combine and set aside.
3. In small bowl, combine remaining flour and chocolate chips, tossing well to combine and set aside.
4. In bowl of stand mixer, combine shortening and sugar. Beat on high until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
5. Add eggs, one at a time until thoroughly combined. Add milk and vanilla, then banana mixture, and combine well.
6. With mixer on low, add flour mixture until just combined then fold in chocolate chips.
7. Spread into loaf pan, tap to remove air pockets, and place in oven to bake. Bake loaf in oven for 1hr or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let loaf cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely
Sunday, March 13, 2011
16-oz. package Ziti Pasta
1 lb. lean Ground Beef
1 Onion, chopped
2 27-oz.cans Spaghetti Sauce
6 oz. Provolone Cheese, sliced
6 oz. Mozzarella Cheese, sliced or shredded
1 1/2 cups Sour Cream
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
Cook pasta as directed on the manufacturer's packaging.
Drain and reserve.
Meanwhile, sauté the ground beef and chopped onion
in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add spaghetti
sauce and simmer about 15 minutes.
Place about half of the pasta in a lightly oiled 2-quart
baking dish. Top with a layer of provolone and
mozzarella cheeses. Spread on a layer of about half the
sour cream and then half the spaghetti sauce mixture.
Cover with the remaining pasta, cheese slices, sour
cream, and sauce. Finally, sprinkle on a layer of
Bake in a pre-heated 350-F degree oven for about 30
minutes, or until the cheese and sauce are bubbly.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 400°.
Combine 3/4 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar, and butter in a medium bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla and egg.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt, stirring well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to butter mixture; beat just until combined. Shape dough into 30 balls.
Combine 1/3 cup granulated sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon in a small shallow dish. Roll balls in sugar mixture, and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 8 minutes or until tops crack. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove from pans; cool on a wire rack.
Thursday, March 10, 2011
This is a yummy way to make shredded beef taco's!
2tbl Garlic powder
2tbl chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Sunday, March 6, 2011
4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or equivalent in tenders)
1/3 cup raspberry jam
4 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
Spray skillet with cooking spray. Saute chicken over medium-high heat. Turning several times so it won't overbrown. Lightly season with seasoning salt or salt and pepper. (what ever you like!) Saute until chicken is cooked thoroughly. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm. Wipe out skillet a bit.
Reduce heat to medium and add, jam, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir until the jam melts. Return chicken to pan and coat it evenly in the sauce. Simmer on medium-low heat for about 5 minutes.
Friday, March 4, 2011
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black or white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar or smoky flavor Cheddar cheese
Preparation:Melt butter; remove from heat. Stir in flour and seasonings. Gradually add milk, stirring until well mixed. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth. Cook for 5 minutes longer; add cheese. Stir until smooth and well blended. Serve with pasta or vegetables.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
- 1 package strawberry flavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 package white cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen strawberries, thawed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour three 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, dissolve the gelatin in cold water; stir in the cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, flour and 1/2 of the strawberries. Beat for 5 minutes on the medium speed of an electric mixer. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the layers spring back when lightly pressed in the center. Cool cakes in the pans on wire racks.
- To Make Frosting: Cream the butter, sugar and the remaining half of the strawberries in a medium bowl until light and fluffy, adding additional confectioners' sugar if needed for a spreadable consistency. Spread the frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake.