Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Southwestern Chicken (in a crockpot)

As you all probably all figured out...I LOVE my crockpot! I am so super busy spending time with my kids in the summer, but still want to make sure we have a home cooked meal together. I love to just throw everything in a pot, and not worry about rushing home to cook dinner (not to mention using the crock pot in the summer doesn't heat up my kitchen. This is a VERY easy and delicious dinner idea that I happened to stumble across!


1 small bag frozen corn
1 can black beans
2 large frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 16-oz jar medium salsa, such as Pace medium picante sauce
shredded cheddar cheese
tortilla chips
sour cream
chopped cilantro
diced avocado

Pour bag of frozen corn in bottom of crock pot. Place chicken breasts on top of corn and cover with rinsed and drained black beans and jar of medium salsa. Cook on high for 1 hour, and then on low for 4 hours. Shred chicken with forks. Serve with tortilla chips and add toppings to individual servings.
It is VERY important that you use MEDIUM salsa in this. Mild isn’t flavorful enough. Be sure to serve with tortilla chips, and not tortillas. The salty crunchy chips make this so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment