Pages

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Best Roast Beef For Sandwiches

 
I love to use my crock pot, and I love to make a really good roast with gravy, but sometimes I just want a yummy roast beef sandwich. Here is my basic roast recipe that makes a a great Au Jous for serving. It's much better to serve with provolone cheese and a sub roll, but I this week I only had traditional white bread. 


  • 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons garlic powder
  • 1tablespoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon onion powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 (4 pound) rump roast
  • 1/2 cup beef broth
  • 1 chopped or sliced white onion


  1.   In a small bowl, mix together all dry ingredients.Rub mixture over the surface of the meat. Place roast in a slow cooker, and add beef broth.
  2. Cover, and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours. When meat is tender and well done, transfer roast to a serving platter. Skim fat from juices, and strain; serve with meat.  *****I always bag the leftover meat in a gallon size bag, add a cup of beef broth, and freeze it. Later I have the base for a great soup starter.

No comments:

Post a Comment