Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Cupcakes, and Traditions!

Those of you who read this blog regularly know that I love love love traditions, all kinds for all occasions! Yea I know they are corny, and sometimes it's just plain hard to work on whatever the tradition is. This for example, what a crazy day for me on the first day of school, I'm not kidding when I say I had maybe 1 hour max of free time this year.....I completely overbooked myself. However EVERY year on the first day of school I always make my kids cupcakes! HMMMM......I really wanted to sit and eat lunch my free hour that day, but of course I made the cupcakes instead! (Paul said not to worry that the kids wouldn't even remember that I skipped one year, or that they didn't even remember that I make them)

Well I am so glad I did, Susie got off the bus first and came in and the first thing out of her mouth was...."Hey mom there is a new girl on the bus today, and she was really nervous, so I sat with her, and then I told her all about how I would have cupcakes at my house if she want's to come try one, and I told her you make the best cupcakes ever, so can she please please come over????" I'm so glad my sweet girl took the time to make someone feel a little better when she was nervous, and believe it or not I think the cupcakes helped!

Anyways that's me ranting for the day about how grateful that I actually made cupcakes on the first day of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment