Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Homemade Parmesan Meatballs

I have been married for almost 11 years, and in those 11 years the one thing you can count on is that we have spaghetti at least once every other week. My husband loves it when I cook spaghetti, and I love to please him, therefore I make spaghetti! However..........I recently just found out that my hubby like meatballs instead of meat sauce. I can't believe I didn't know this??????? In all these years I never knew that!!!!! Well of course once I hear this news, I need to try to come up with the best meatballs that I can :)!!!!!!!!! This is the one that I came up with, and I'm not bragging or anything, but these were the best I've ever had. They were so good, and my husband loved them so much he took a meatball sub to work the next day! Here is the recipe that I kinda came up with.......

1 1/2 lbs ground beef (a mixture of 1 pound ground beef and 1/2 pound ground sausage is what I used) 1 large egg, slightly beaten 1cup grated fresh parmesan cheese 1/3 cup breadcrumbs (or use enough to hold the meat together, 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or use 2 tablespoon garlic powder or to taste) 1 -2 teaspoon salt (or to taste, I use 2 teaspoons seasoned salt) 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper 1/3 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 tablespoon basil, 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (or 2 tablespoons dried parsley) Directions: 1. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl. 2. Shape into meatballs (we like them large) 3. bake the meatballs at 350 degrees  for 25 minutes or until cooked through

No comments:

Post a Comment