Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Sweet Potatoes

I find myself making more trips than usual to the Farmers Market this summer. I think that maybe it's because my little ones are getting bigger, and they actually like going, or maybe I really can tell the difference in the quality, or maybe just because it's summer! This week we bought some sweet potatoes, and I thought I would try making them a little different than usual.

We loved them so much it will be really hard to just have a plain ole baked sweet potato again....looks like this will be a regular in our house!


6 large bright orange sweet potatoes
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 stick of butter
2 teaspoons of salt
 
Wash and peel potatoes. Chunk potatoes into 2 inch disks. Put potatoes in a pan and cover with water. Add all ingredients to the potatoes and water. Cover. boil/simmer until potatoes are fork tender (approximately 30 minutes). 

No comments:

Post a Comment