Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

YUMM.....Homemade Oatmeal Cream Pies

Wow, I am telling you these are not only super yummy, but they made me feel a little nostalgic. One bite and all the memories of sitting in my granny's house watching Wheel of Fortune and eating these came flooding back to me. What a happy feeling! I can tell you right now these will soon become a regular in my house.

1 c butter
3/4 c light brown sugar
1/2 c sugar
1 Tbsp molasses (I used the regular pancake syrup that I happened to have in my fridge)
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 c quick oatmeal
14 oz marshmallow cream
1 c shortening
2/3 c powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
 
 

Cream butter, brown sugar, white sugar, molasses, vanilla, and eggs.


  Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.

Add to your creamed ingredients and stir in the oatmeal.

Put tbls. sized drops of dough onto ungreased cookie sheets.

Give plenty of room between each one as they will spread.

Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees.

You want them just brown on the edges and still soft.

Do not overbake.

For filling:
 
 Mix marshmallow cream, shortening, powdered sugar, and vanilla on high speed until light and fluffy.Spread between 2 layers of the cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment