Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Asian Cabbage Salad



I know everyone probably already has this recipe, but I thought I would post it just as a reminder. I don't know about you guys, but I completely forgot about this yummy salad, until this week when I happen to find the recipe card stuck in an old drawer.

Asian Slaw

* 1 (16 oz) package of slaw mix*
* 2 (3 oz) packages of beef flavored Ramen noodle soup mix
* 1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
* 1 cup Sunflower seeds (I left these out)
* 1 bunch green onions, chopped
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 3/4 cup vegetable oil
* 1/3 cup vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)

Remove flavor packets from soup mix and set aside; crush noodles, place noodles in bottom of large bowl. Top with slaw mix, sprinkle with almonds, sunflower seeds, green onions.

Whisk together contents of flavor packets, sugar, oil & vinegar. Pour over slaw mix. Cover and chill for 24 hours. Mix well before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment