Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Shredded Beef Tacos

Here is one of those "how can I make my afternoon less hectic dinners". I love to make my afternoon easier by throwing something in a crock pot, but my family doesn't want pot roast for dinner every night. So I'm always trying new things just for a change. Now....... this is not a recipe, this is just what I threw together in my crock pot, their are many things you could add or change, but this is just what I came up with! I cook 1 pot roast in the crock pot with one can of beef broth on high for 6 hours. Once it was done, I drained the juice (but saved it for later, because it will make a great beef/vegetable soup starter for later this week), then added one small can/cup of tomato sauce ( I use fresh tomato sauce), 2 tbl ground cumin, 1 tbl garlic powder, 1 tbl chili powder, and a big bunch of fresh cilantro. Served it in  taco shell with cheese and fresh tomatoes, and voila yummy shredded beef tacos!!! I will make this again, my family loved it, and it was really easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment