Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Simple Meatloaf



I know that you are wondering about the picture of my meatloaf, but I promise I have an explanation. I make my family individual meatloaves in a muffin tin to save time. My kids love it because they get their own meatloaf and I love it because it only takes 30 minutes!

Here is my basic meatloaf recipe, just remember if you decide to make them in a muffin pan to line it with foil for easier cleanup, and reduce the baking time to 30 minutes!

1 1/2 pounds ground beef 1 egg 1 onion, chopped 1 cup milk 1 cup dried bread crumbs salt and pepper to taste 2 tablespoons brown sugar 2 tablespoons prepared mustard 1/3 cup ketchup
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan, OR form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
Bake at 350 degrees

1 comment:

  1. These were absolutely yummy! I added half a can of petite diced tomatoes and used 1/2 cup of tomato sauce with 1/2 cup of milk. They turned out so good! =) Thanks, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete