Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I don't even like oatmeal but.......

I could eat this oatmeal everyday, and beleive it or not my kids love it too. I recently saw this recipe on an episode of Paula's Home Cooking, and I had to make it. Try it and you will love it too.

P.S. Do I even need to mention the health benefits of oatmeal???


Ingredients
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant or quick cooking)
3 1/2 cups water
1 banana, sliced
1 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 cup heavy cream
Brown sugar, for serving
Honey, for serving
Directions
In a medium saucepan, bring 3 1/2 cups water and the salt to a boil. Stir in the oats and simmer until almost thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the raisins and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more

Spoon the oatmeal into individual bowls and serve. Place the banana and strawberry slices, cream, brown sugar, and honey into the oatmeal bowl. Stir if desired

No comments:

Post a Comment