Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Corn and Chicken Chowder




Making dinner for my family every night does require a little planning. When I made chicken lettuce wraps this week, I went ahead and made a few extra chicken breast shredded them and put in them in the fridge so that I could use them to make this delicious corn and chicken chowder. All you do is......

put 4 to 5 medium sized baking potatoes in the crock pot with 2 cans of chicken broth ( I peel 2 of them but leave the skin on the others)

after 6 hours on hi or 8 hours on low I stir the potatoes and add 2 cups of milk, 2 cups of heavy whipping cream, 4 cups of frozen corn, leftover shredded chicken, and 1 1 bag of shredded Parmesan cheese. Keep the crock pot on hi for a about 10 minutes to warm up all of the cold ingredients. Add salt and pepper to your taste and it's done!

*if your soup is thicker than you like, all you need to do is add a little chicken broth tho thin it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment