Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tex Mex At Home

First off these picture are backwords, but I think you get the point.


Yesterday I shredded some chicken breast for a salad. Knowing that I would be making these yummy chicken, spinach, and black bean quesadilla's I went ahead and cooked a few extra chicken breast.


So tonight I melted 1/2 a stick of butter in a saucepan, added 1 and a 1/2 cups of milk, and waited for it to slowly simmer. Once it begins to simmer whisk 1 block of cream cheese (the cream cheese should be room tempature). Then while still whisking the saucepan I added 2 cups of frozen chopped spinach, 3 shredded chicken breast, 1/2 a can of black beans, 2 tbl ground cumin, 2 tbl garlic powder, salt to taste, and 1 1/2 cup white american cheese. This is the filling for the quesadilla's. Now here's the best part.... I recently discovered these uncooked tortilla's that you can buy in the refridgerated section of the grocery store. They are super! You can use regular if you don't have the uncooked. If you are using the uncooked cook them first then add a little extra cheese and put them together like a sandwich. For the premade tortilla's you need to add the chicken filling on a tortilla, top it with cheese, add another tortilla and cook it like you cook a grilled cheese sanwich. This actually looks like a lot of work, but it really is pretty easy!



1 comment: